Protect Yourself from the Flu!
December 9, 2015
The flu vaccine is given at no cost to Community First Health Plans members.
- All members may receive a vaccine at their PCP’s office.
- If you are a STAR or CHIP Member, ages 18 and older, you can also get your vaccine at any CFHP approved pharmacy, including Target, Walgreens, HEB, Walmart, and CVS.
- If you are a UFCP, ERS, or commercial member, you can also get your vaccine at any CFHP approved pharmacy, including Target, Walgreens, HEB, Walmart, and CVS. (The minimum age to get a flu shot without a prescription is seven. Pharmacists will give children younger than seven the shot if they have a prescription. No prescription is needed for patients seven or older.)
- STAR or CHIP Members ages 17 or younger must go to their PCP.
Who should get a flu vaccine (shot or mist *) this season?
- Everyone six months and older.
- People who live in nursing homes and other long term care facilities.
- People who live or care for those at high risk for complications from the flu, including health care workers and home caregivers of children less than six months of age.
*The flu mist is an option for healthy people ages 2-49 who are not pregnant.
If you have any questions about the flu vaccine, please contact your PCP. You may also contact us at (210) 227-2347 or 1-800-434-2347.
Community First wishes you and your family a happy and healthy fall and winter season.