Healthcare Virtually Anywhere
Telemedicine allows medical professionals to conduct office visits using telephone or video over the internet, rather than meeting in person. This is also known as “virtual care,” or “video chat” with your doctor. Virtual visits are similar to FaceTime, Skype, Google Video, or whatever you may already use for video calls with friends and family.
Benefits of Telemedicine
- – Consult with your doctor from the comfort of your home
- – Less exposure to illness
- – Cut down on transportation time and costs
- – Members love the convenience
- – Desktop PC
- – Laptop Computer
- – Smartphone or Tablet
- – Microphone (if not included in the mobile device or computer)
- – Webcam (If not included in the mobile device or computer)
- – Strong internet connection
How It Works
What can I expect during my telemedicine visit?
- – Your doctor will ask you a series of questions to understand your condition.
- – He or she will ask you to describe your symptoms and discuss your medical history.
- – You’ll receive instructions about next steps, which may include a treatment plan, medication prescriptions, referral for lab tests or to a specialist, or other action.
We are dedicated to providing the best, most comprehensive care for patients in South Texas. Find a Provider to schedule an appointment today!
For more information about Telemedicine, visit Health Focus SA.