Our Case Management staff is available to assist members who have a chronic health condition which requires health care services from several different providers. Community First Case Managers work with you, your family members, your doctors, and other members of your health care team, to be sure you are getting the type and level of care you need. They are available to help you understand your condition, planned tests and procedures, treatment options, and answer health care benefit questions.
Community First Case Managers are able to:
- Determine your needs
- Coordinate care with your doctors and therapists
- Develop a plan of care that is updated as often as needed
- Assist in ordering special equipment and supplies
- Coordinate behavioral health services
- Initiate home health care
- Assist with access to community programs;
- Evaluate additional needs
- Track your progress over time or changes in your condition.
The goal of the “Case Management Program” is to ensure members have access to the most efficient and effective health care services they need to promote the highest quality of life possible.