STAR Medicaid Program
Children in Texas without health insurance may be able to get low cost or free health coverage from Children’s Medicaid. STAR covers low-income children, pregnant women and families.
What does it Cover?
- Dentist visits, cleanings, and fillings
- Eye exams and glasses
- Choice of doctors, regular checkups, and office visits
- Access to medical specialists and mental health care
- Hospital care and services
- Medical supplies, X-rays, and lab tests
- Treatment of special health needs
- Treatment of pre-existing conditions
Families with children who get Children’s Medicaid pay nothing. To find out more and to apply, visit www.yourtexasbenefits.com. You can also call 2-1-1.
CFHP Value Added Services
- 24 hour nurse advice line
- Prescription discount card for members of your family
- Gift programs
Click here to view more value-added services
- Zumba classes with free fitness giveaway
- Birthing classes
- Smoking cessation program
- Asthma kit and Asthma pillow cover
- Help with getting a ride to medical appointments or health classes
- Adult Healthy lifestyle classes
- Weight management program for members ages 7-13 with free membership to the YMCA*
- $10 gift card for follow-up appointment after leaving behavioral health hospital
- Online mental health resources*
- Bike safety and repair classes
- And more!
Texas Health Steps
Texas Health Steps is for children from birth through 20 years of age who have Medicaid. Texas Health Steps provides regular medical and dental checkups and case management services at no cost to you.
Get Help With:
- Finding a doctor, dentist, or case manager
- Making an appointment for a checkup
- Getting a ride or money for gas
To learn more, please visit https://www.txhealthsteps.com/cms/.
Access our library of benefits and resources available to our members from our Knowledge Base.
For more information about how your health plan works, please read the STAR Member Handbook and your Evidence of Coverage.