Children’s Health Insurance Plan
Children in Texas without health insurance may be able to get low cost or free health coverage from the Children’s health Insurance Program (CHIP). This program covers office visits, prescription drugs, dental care, eye exams, glasses, and much more.
What does it cover?
- Dental visits, cleanings, and fillings
- Eye exams and glasses
- Choice of doctors, regular checkups
- Access to medical specialists
- Hospital care and services
- Medical supplies, X-rays, lab tests
- Treatment of special health needs
- Treatment of pre-existing conditions
Families with children who get CHIP pay no more than $50 a year for health care coverage. Some families with CHIP may also need to pay co-pays for some services.
Community First Health Plans (CFHP) is the only non-profit, locally owned health plan available to you. As a member of our plan, CFHP offers you extra health care benefits.
CFHP Members Value-Added Services
- Free baby car seat, toddler booster seat or safe sleep play yard
- Enhanced vision benefits with up to $125 for frames or $75 for contact lenses
- Free smart phone with up to 500 minutes including unlimited text and 1GB of data
- Free sports physicals
- 24-hour nurse advice line
- Prenatal gift programs with up to $150 in gift cards*
- Low cost dental services for pregnant members*
- Mommy & Me baby shower with free diaper bag and baby supplies
Click here to view more value-added services
- Zumba classes with free fitness giveaway
- Birthing classes
- Smoking cessation program
- Asthma kit and Asthma pillow cover
- Help with getting a ride to medical appointments or health classes
- Adult Healthy lifestyle classes
- Weight management program for members ages 7-13 with free membership to the YMCA*
- $10 gift card for follow-up appointment after leaving behavioral health hospital
- Online mental health resources*
- Bike safety and repair classes
- And more!
*Limitation or restrictions may apply. Please call Member Services for more information at 1-800-434-2347.
Access our library of benefits and resources available to our members from our Knowledge Base.
For more information about how your health plan works, please read the CHIP Member Handbook and your Evidence of Coverage.