CHIP Perinatal Program
CHIP Coverage for Unborn Children
If you are pregnant, a Texas resident, you don’t have insurance, and you cannot get Medicaid, you may be able to get perinatal coverage from CHIP. This coverage is for your unborn baby. It covers your labor with delivery and your baby’s health and medical services for its first months of life.
What does it cover?
- Up to 20 prenatal visits
- Prescription drug coverage
- The cost of giving birth*
- Two doctor visits for mom after the birth of the baby
- Regular checkups, vaccines, and prescriptions for your baby
*Hospital and other costs related to labor with delivery of the baby. Costs from labor that does not result in a birth and false labor are not covered.
To find out more and to apply, visit www.yourtexasbenefits.com. You can also call 2-1-1.
Community First Health Plans (CFHP) is happy that you are part of our health plan. The CFHP network of doctors and providers can help you get the care you need. We are the only non-profit, locally owned health plan available to you. As a member of our plan, CFHP offers you extra health care benefits.
CFHP Members Value-Added Services
- Free baby car seat, toddler booster seat or safe sleep play yard
- Enhanced vision benefits with up to $125 for frames or $75 for contact lenses
- Free smart phone with up to 500 minutes including unlimited text and 1GB of data
- Free sports physicals
- 24-hour nurse advice line
- Prenatal gift programs with up to $150 in gift cards*
- Low cost dental services for pregnant members*
- Mommy & Me baby shower with free diaper bag and baby supplies
Click here to view more value-added services
- Zumba classes with free fitness giveaway
- Birthing classes
- Smoking cessation program
- Asthma kit and Asthma pillow cover
- Help with getting a ride to medical appointments or health classes
- Adult Healthy lifestyle classes
- Weight management program for members ages 7-13 with free membership to the YMCA*
- $10 gift card for follow-up appointment after leaving behavioral health hospital
- Online mental health resources*
- Bike safety and repair classes
- And more!
*Limitation or restrictions may apply. Please call Member Services for more information at 1-800-434-2347.
Access our library of benefits and resources available to our members from our Knowledge Base.
Member Handbooks and CFHP Member Newsletters are available in print, free of charge, and mailed within 5 days, by calling 1-800-434-2347 or by making a request through your secure Member Portal.
For more information about how your health plan works, please read the CHIP Member Handbook and your Evidence of Coverage.