Texas Health and Human Services (HHS) has posted new and revised Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) policies, effective August 1. More information about these policies is available on the HHS EVV homepage, and is for program providers, Financial Management Services Agencies (FMSAs) and Consumer Directed Services (CDS) employers.
- EVV Data Collection Policy (PDF)
- The Data Collection Policy replaces the EVV Data Elements Policy. It requires an EVV system to verify critical data elements relating to the delivery of a Medicaid personal care service, as required by Texas Government Code §531.024172.
- EVV Service Authorization Policy (PDF)
- Requires program providers and FMSAs to enter and maintain current service authorizations in the EVV system for each member receiving a service required to use EVV.
- EVV System Selection Policy (PDF)
- The System Selection Policy replaces the EVV Vendor Selection Policy. It now includes the EVV proprietary system option and updated requirements for selecting an EVV system.
- EVV System Transfer Policy (PDF)
- The System Transfer Policy replaces the EVV Vendor Transfer Policy. It provides requirements for transferring from one EVV system to another.
- EVV Training Policy (PDF) (revised)
- Requires program providers, FMSAs and CDS employers to complete EVV training prior to using an EVV system, and then annually.
The Forms section of the HHS EVV homepage has been removed. Additional updates include:
- Visit Maintenance Unlock Request has moved to the new EVV Visit Maintenance section to make it easier to locate.
- EVV Rights and Responsibilities for fee-for-service and managed care have moved to the new Rights and Responsibilities section.
For questions, please email Electronic_Visit_Verification@hhsc.state.tx.us.