This policy replaces the Electronic Visit Verification Temporary 90 day Visit Maintenance Policy that was posted on December 30, 2020 and went into effect January 1, 2021.
Effective January 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021, the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is extending the visit maintenance timeframe for all program providers, financial management services agencies (FMSAs) and CDS employers required to use Electronic Visit Verification (EVV). The standard visit maintenance timeframe is 60 days. The extended visit maintenance timeframes are as follows:
- For dates of service January 1, 2021, through March 31, 2021, the visit maintenance timeframe is extended from 60 days to 180 days.
- For dates of service April 1, 2021, through June 30, 2021, the visit maintenance timeframe is extended from 60 days to 90 days.
The purpose of these temporary changes is to allow Cures Act program providers, FMSAs and CDS employers who are new to EVV more time to complete visit maintenance and correct data elements.
These extensions allow all program providers, FMSAs and CDS employers more time to:
- Adjust to using an EVV system.
- Correct EVV visit transactions in the EVV system by completing visit maintenance.
- Ensure an EVV visit transaction is accepted in the EVV Portal for each date of service before billing an EVV claim.
Program providers, FMSAs and CDS employers are responsible for ensuring data elements in the EVV system are accurate and complete. Missing or incorrect data elements in the EVV system will result in rejected EVV visit transactions and denied or recouped EVV claims.