This information is for Cures Act program providers, FMSAs, and CDS employers required to use Electronic Visit Verification by Jan. 1, 2021.
HHSC is extending the EVV practice period through Dec. 31, 2020. The original end date was Nov. 30, 2020. The extension allows more time for program providers, FMSAs, and CDS employers to:
- Complete onboarding with an EVV vendor.
- Complete EVV policy and EVV Portal training.
- Practice using the EVV system.
During the practice period claims will not be denied for an EVV mismatch.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2021:
- HHSC must comply with federal law and cannot delay the EVV requirement for all Medicaid personal care services.
- All service visits for an EVV-required service must be captured in the EVV system.
- Claims without a matching EVV visit transaction accepted into the EVV Portal will be denied for payment.
The EVV Service Bill Code Table has been updated on the HHS EVV webpage to reflect the new Jan. 1, 2021 EVV start date.