COVID-19 Provider Resources
Here’s what you need to know about how we’re supporting you and your patients during the ongoing health pandemic.
Thank you to our doctors, nurses, clinicians, and health care workers:
Your tireless dedication to your patients and communities during this time is inspiring. As we continue to move through these uncertain times, we’re committed to providing you with the answers and information you need to keep your practice running.
COVID-19 Vaccine: Provider Information
Information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and its distribution is rapidly evolving. As a Community First Provider, we understand that our Members look to you for information and guidance.
Community First would like to share the following information and resources with our Providers so that you can best serve your patients
Providers should check the DSHS Information For COVID-19 Vaccine Providers as information is subject to change.
How to enroll to be a COVID-19 vaccinator
Providers must register through the Texas DSHS Immunization Program Portal to administer and receive COVID-19 vaccines in Texas.
For questions about registering to be a COVID-19 vaccinator, call the DSHS COVID-19 Vaccine Provider hotline at (877) 835-7750, Monday-Friday, 8 am–5 pm or email COVID19VacEnroll@dshs.texas.gov.
UPDATE: The CDC, FDA, and Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) have recommended Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for use in 12 to 15 year olds. Vaccine providers have been notified to begin administering the Pfizer vaccine to this age group.
DSHS has directed vaccine providers to prioritize people 80 years old or older when scheduling appointments and accommodate anyone in that age group who presents for vaccination, whether or not they have an appointment, by immediately moving them to the front of the line. That will ensure vaccination of anyone 80 or older with as small a burden on themselves as possible.
Everyone age 16 and older is eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine in Texas. All COVID-19 vaccines are authorized for people age 18 and older. The Pfizer vaccine is now authorized for people 12 and older.
For updates on vaccine eligibility, please visit DSHS COVID-19 Vaccine Information.
UPDATE: DSHS is recommending that vaccine providers in Texas resume administration of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine following the recommendation from the CDC and FDA. Find more information below under Provider Resources.
Providers can play an important role in helping the CDC and federal partners monitor the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.
New safety systems have been added for COVID-19 vaccines, including the following new CDC initiatives:
Coverage and Reimbursement
Similar to other COVID-19 services, the vaccines will be offered at no cost to patients.
To prepare for vaccine administration, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) have published billing guidance for Medicaid (STAR and STAR Kids), Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and Medicare providers.
Visit Community First HHSC News for other important HHSC updates regarding the vaccine.
Become a COVID-19 Vaccinator:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Enrollment
- Updated COVID-19 Quick Reference Guide for Health Care Professionals
- COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Best Practices
- CDC Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit
- DSHS COVID-19 Vaccine website
- COVID-19 Vaccine Provider FAQs
- Clinical Considerations for the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Vaccine Management Resources
Community First Member Resources
Pfizer BioNtech Vaccine:
- Pfizer-BioNtech COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet for Recipients & Caregivers
- Pfizer-BioNtech COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet for Health Care Providers
- Pfizer-BioNtech COVID-19 Vaccine: General Information
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet for Recipients & Caregivers
- Moderna COVID-19 Fact Sheet for Health Care Providers
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine: General Information
Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
- Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine
- CDC MMWR: Updated Recommendations for Use of the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
- Updated Johnson & Johnson Fact Sheet for Health Care Providers
- Talking to Patients about Safety of the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
Access COVID-19 billing and coding resources you need to help treat Community First Members.
Latest Provider Updates
Get the latest COVID-19 Provider updates.
As of 3/15/2021, rates are changed for the Covid-19 vaccine. The changes are for Commercial...
Community First Health Plans, in partnership with University Health, is offering the Moderna...
New Federal Enhanced Provider Relief Funds for Medicaid and CHIP Providers
Can’t find what you need?
Please contact the Provider Hotline at 800-214-4844 from 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday – Friday.